Saturday, March 5, 2011

Adding meta description to individual blog posts in Blogger (blogspot.com) blogs


This blog qualitypoint.blogspot.com  is getting more content and I am planning to publish latest news and analysis about Tech news frequently.

So, I  want to make this blog more SEO friendly.


Currently, this blogger blog is missing Meta details (keywords, description). So, I searched Google for finding a way to add appropriate Meta details to the blog posts.


I found this article which explains the steps for adding meta details in easy to understand way.

And, I started implementing them. For example, I had added below piece of code in HTML template of the blogger for adding meta details for my previous blog post about iPad 2


<b:if cond='data:blog.url == &quot;http://qualitypoint.blogspot.com/2011/03/apples-stevejobs-unveils-ipad-2.html&quot;'>
<meta content='News and Review about Apple ipad 2 and a poll about iPad 2' name='description'/>
<meta content='apple, ipad, iPad 2, Steve Jobs, smart cover, A5 Chip, iOS4.3, ipad 2 review, iPad 2 features' name='keywords'/>
</b:if>

And, I am going to add similar code for many blog posts.
But I need to get a suggestion from a SEO expert about adding this code for all blog posts (More than 600 posts). Because adding lot of code in blogger HTML template may reduce the performance. But I am not sure about it.

If you are a SEO expert, you can share you suggestion thro' the comments.




You can bookmark this blog for further reading, or you can subscribe to our blog feed.

No comments:

Search This Blog